Secrets to a Happy Marriage!

         It is about one month until I become Mrs. Lattimer!! I cannot wait to marry my best friend. In honor of my upcoming wedding, I've asked some amazing women to give me some wedding advice. Thanks ladies, I enjoyed your responses!








Cindy Moore- Married 28 Years


"There are days you won't see eye to eye, there will be days you want to punch him in the eye, but at night when you look into his eyes and you tell him how much you love him and he replies you are the love of his life you know you have all you need for a long and happy life."














Victoria Arlen- Married 28 Years

"I don't know any secrets, but know that if you are committed to each other for the long haul, you can work through anything. Having a sense of humor plays a big part, too. Although you might not find humor in something for many, many years! Lol. I know it's worth it, and can see you two are very happy."






















Wendy Denman- Married 24 Years


"I think a really good thing to keep in mind is to not sweat the small stuff. Usually things aren't that big of a deal and sometimes the perspective is lost. Always remember what you LOVE about the person and look to that at a bump in the road. Another thing that makes married life so great is that you always have someone having your back and you theirs. It's so nice to have a supporter in all things :):) Best of luck to you both! Many, many happy years together are wished for you! God bless."











Rachel VanMeter- Married 2 Years

" My advice is to appreciate your partner and think of things from their point of view. When I get upset I look around and look at the girls and appreciate everything Cody does for me. Even though we have lived together for 3 years I miss him when he goes to work and can't wait for him to get home. My husband is my best friend whom I tell everything too. Enjoy all the small things and each new experience everyday is a wonderful adventure!"







Gwen Robertson (Mother of the Bride)- Married 32 Years


"Here are a few things I have learned and am still trying to master....
1. Put God first.
2. Do not think “Is he making me happy, fulfilled etc but rather “What am I doing to make him happy, fulfilled…”
3. Fight fair…no name calling.
4. It is not weak to apologize.
5. Forgiveness is the greatest sign of love.
6. Believe in your marriage.
7. Know that your spouse is also your best friend.
8. Always use good manners toward your spouse.
9. During difficult times, put God first again.
                                     10. Hug and laugh daily."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Train Like a Beast, Look Like a Beauty

Swisher Sweeties in Frankenmuth, MI

Mommy Humor